Inclement Weather/Emergency Cancellation Protocol
It is the time of year when weather and health emergencies often occur. We strongly encourage members and friends of FUUSB to think carefully before venturing out in such an emergency. If you are ill, please stay home and take care of yourself. If you believe that the roads are unsafe, please stay home. Your safety is the most important thing. If Sunday worship services need to be cancelled for any reason, the staff will implement their Procedure for Emergency Cancellation of Services. This procedure, in short, is as follows:
- The Senior Minister and/or the Director of Operations will make the final decision to cancel.
- Once the decision has been made, the Director of Operations will contact all other staff members to notify them of the decision.
- The Director of Operations will insure that the Society voicemail message is changed to reflect the cancellation, the congregation is sent an email informing them of the cancellation, notices will be posted on the Facebook page, Facebook group and website, and a notice will be sent to WCAX.
- Every attempt will be made to put a sign on the door of the Meeting House.
In the case of a meeting or event cancellation at a time other than Sunday morning worship:
- If you are responsible for cancelling a meeting or event, please notify the office as early as possible. We suggest cancelling no later than 3 p.m. for an evening meeting. Also attempt to contact all people who are scheduled to attend your meeting or event via phone or email.
- When notified of a cancellation, the Society will put a sign on the door notifying people of the cancellation, put a notice in the Facebook group and in the News section of our homepage.
- If the decision is made to close the Meeting House offices, we will contact all groups with events scheduled for that day. We will also put a notice in the Facebook group and in the News section of our homepage.