If Wisdom is somehow distilled from experience, what Wisdom can we bring to the climate crisis, as a species, when we have few relevant experiences to rely on? This morning, we’re going to recall trees we love or lost, tell a few jokes, and think … read more.
- Daylight Saving Time Reminder 02/25/2020
- UUA Knotty Conversations Webinar Series 02/03/2020
- UUA General Assembly: June 24-28 01/21/2020
- UU College of Social Justice Internships 01/21/2020
- Beginning the Church Year Message from UUA President, Susan Frederick-Gray 09/05/2019
- Commission on Institutional Change General Assembly 2019 Report 07/24/2019
“The Steeple” – Our quarterly congregational newsletter: Read the latest issue of “The Steeple”
“The Path” – Our monthly spiritual theme newsletter: Read the latest issue of “The Path”
Food for Thought
“The Peace of Wild Things”
When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.
– Wendell Berry